We have officially started our new unit in Social Studies. The students did their tests and most of them did very well on it. I was happy with the marks and I hope that the students were too.
In new unit in Social Studies we are talking about how we see the Earth and different areas of the Earth. We will continue talking about our two communities and will be talking about why their lives are different then ours. We will talk about why the placement of different communities affects their lives.
We have already talked about the different ways that our Earth is represented: atlas, map, globe, and Google Earth. We went around in stations and the students had a chance to explore each source. We will go into more detail with Google Earth in class on Monday. If your child would like to visit Google Earth and possibly see your house, I invite you to do that at home together as a family.
Directions for Google Earth:
1) Go to google.ca
2) Click on "Maps"
3) Click on "Satellite"
4) Scroll in until you find your home, go slowly in order to keep your home in the centre of your screen
I hope you enjoy yourselves on Google Earth.
Also in our last unit we talked about how some things that we do in our lives affect others and how we may be able to fix those actions. The students had to answer this question on their tests and we took those answer an typed them up. Check out our new page on the blog homepage "How We Affect Others" and feel free to comment below on the students' answers!
I look forward to meeting you all during Parent-Teacher Interviews.
No comments:
Post a Comment